Student Programs


Canada is one of the leading countries in the world when it comes to the field of education. There are several universities, colleges, schools that offer the courses to international students that allow them to gain a better education and future for themselves. Each year, students arrive in Canada to receive a better education than the one that they would have received in their original country. Education is important, and the Government of Canada understands that very well.

Therefore, there are many immigration services, like the Student Study Permit, the Co-Op Work Permit, the Post Graduate Work Permit and the On-Campus Work Permit, that are offered to help the students learn in a better way and provide them with a pathway to receive Permanent Residency and then, consequently, the Citizenship of Canada. Redbird Immigration is here to help you at every step of the process in achieving your immigration goals. Contact us today to start the process to meet your immigration needs in a cost-effective way!

How does It works

Canada is famous destination for international students and is known for exceptional educational system that is well recognized in every part of the world at par with American, Australian or British educational system. Every year, thousands of international students arrive in Canada to study in different academic institutions across Canada at primary, secondary or post-secondary level of education. Apart from being a quality system, Canadian study.

  1. Is affordable compared to other comparable systems.
  2. Provides the option to work while studying.
  3. provides safe environment, Canada is one of top peaceful and safe country to live.
  4. Provides immigration options to stay permanently in Canada after completion of studies.

A study permit is a document that allows a foreign national to study in the universities and schools that are in Canada on a temporary basis. This study permit application must be approved before the student can come to Canada. Ideally, the process for the application of the study permit should be started as soon as the applicant receives their offer letter from the study institution.

There are a few requirements which the study permit applicant must fulfill before they are issued the Letter of Introduction to be presented at Port of Entry (POE) in Canada for Study Permit to be issued by officer at Port of Entry (POE);Study Permit is not a visa. It is simply a permit that will allow applicant to study in Canada. A Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is required to enter Canada based of their country or residence or citizenship; Applicant must:

  1. Be a holder of a valid passport.
  2. Have a letter of acceptance (LOA) from a Designated Learning Institution in Canada.
  3. Have an intention to study and significant ties to their home country, ensuring that they will leave the country once the study permit expires. The study plan must be logical and in progression with applicant’s earlier study and work experience.
  4. Possess the financial resources to pay the tuition fee and living expense while being a student in Canada for applicant and any accompanying family member.
  5. Not have any criminal records according to the laws which govern Canada.
  6. Not pose any security risk to Canada or the people staying in Canada and willing to abide by all the laws which govern Canada.
  7. Be in a good health and must be willing to undergo a medical examination to determine that, if required.
  8. Not intend to engage in employment under any employer or in study (other than short term courses) during their stay in Canada unless authorized to do so.
  9. Be willing to provide Biometricsif required based upon their country of origin.
  10. Be willing to provide any supporting document as requested by visa officer.
There are some situations under which a foreign national may not be required to apply for a study permit.
  1. The course that they have applied for is going to end within a time frame of six months regardless of subject matter for the course.
  2. There are certain activities that are not considered studies for the purposes of the Immigrationand Refuge Protection Act (IRPA);for example:
    • Pre-school (pre-kindergarten)
    • Courses of general interest or self-improvement
    • Distance learning
    • Audited courses (typically by sitting in on an academic course, but without obtaining credit for it, or having the ability to obtain credit for it retroactively)
  3. Minor children present in Canadian Jurisdiction other than children of visitors on a family visit, tourism or vacation.
  4. Family members and members of the private staff of accredited foreign representative.
  5. Members of the armed forces of a country designated for the purposes of the Visiting Forces Act.
  6. Family members of Foreign National who are on Study or Work permit in Canada.
  7. Registered Indians or Indians entitled to be registered as defined under the Indian Act.

The Government of Canada has imposed some conditions under which the study permit is always required.

  1. The applicant wishes to work on campus or as an intern or off campus during the length of study course even if it is less than six months.
  2. The applicant wishes to extend their study after the end of the initial short-term course or a pre-requisite course that they have applied for to facilitate the study permit application for further courses inside Canada.
  3. When the study permit for an applicant is approved, it is valid for the entire period of the study course and an extra 90 days after the end of the course. However, if they are unable to finish their course within the period, they can get their study permit extended and stay until they have finished the course. In the case of the opposite the student finishes their course early; the study permit will become invalid 90 days after the completion of the course, irrespective of the date printed on the permit.